Respiratory Therapy Program
Our Respiratory Therapist training program prepares our graduates to:
- evaluate, treat, and care for patients with breathing disorders
- care for patients on life support systems in intensive-care units
- consult with physicians and other health care professionals to develop, monitor and modify patient care plans
- work with high-tech equipment
- work with patients of all ages (from premature infants to the very elderly)
The Respiratory Therapy Program at St. Louis College of Health Careers is 22 months long. The program emphasizes and fosters those qualities and traits that prepare the student for a successful health care career as a Respiratory Therapist.
In addition to teaching technical skills and competencies, interpersonal communication and interaction with all levels of health care professionals and patients is emphasized. The program consists of sequential classroom, laboratory and clinical learning activities designed to systematically educate, train and develop Respiratory Care Professionals who possess the knowledge, skills, attitudes, professional behaviors, characteristics and qualities to prepare our graduates for successful and rewarding careers as health care professionals.
Will open in a new window
The Respiratory Therapy Program is only offered at the County Campus.